Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stay in your lane, please

On our trip Jeff and I would take turns driving. He hated all the construction through Nebraska so on the way home he decided it was my turn to suffer through while he slept. Fair enough....I do tend to have more patience with that sort of thing. Anywho, so while he was snoozing and I drove from one construction zone to the next I couldn't help chuckling every time I would get to a new construction area and big orange signs everywhere about every single 15 feet said:

"STAY IN YOUR LANE"
Really? Do I really need to be reminded to stay in my lane?? Usually these signs came when it went down to only two lanes anyway...one going east the other going west, so really, do you need to tell me to stay in my own lane?? Do they really have trouble with people "picking lanes"? I mean, for a split second I thought "Hmmm...I wonder what it feels like to drive on the wrong side of the road. " This was the only picture I could find of what these orange signs looked like and the picture reminded me somehow of what I was thinking every time the orange signs reminded me to STAY IN MY LANE! It's a good thing they were there otherwise I might have been confused. I have more question: IS THIS WHAT THE STIMULUS MONEY IS BEING USED FOR WHEN WE TALK ABOUT FIXING ROADS???? What's next--"STOP AT RED LIGHT" "GREEN MEANS GO" "STAY IN YOUR VEHICAL WHILE DRIVING"...you get the point.

7 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I love that picture! It is a funny story. Hey I am coming to GR for my Dad's B-day. Will you be around on the 24th?

Lindsey said...

lol!!! You crack me up! Have a great 4th.

karen louise said...

Beth! It has been forever since I've looked at your blog, and look at all the places you have gone and visited!! You are a traveling machine!!!! I loved reading about your trips and seriously, this 'stay in your lane, please' sign made me laugh outloud! So funny! Sounds like you and Jeff had an awesome time, and so fun that you got to see Whitney on your other trip!!!

Dana said...

That is So funny! Thanks for making me smile! =)

Lea Tame said...

Beth, how are you? Sounds like you've had some good times recently! Come visit Pony again so I can see you!

Carrie and Jeff said...

Some people are just idiots and must be reminded of these things. I'm doing 2nd grade next year at Pony. AHH! Crazy. I'm a little nervouse to have such little kids in my class. I though 3rd graders were too little when the year started. I'm in trouble.

Cheryl said...

I was so flattered to know that my blog made you laugh, because YOU are my icon when it comes to funny blog writing!

And you're right--those signs are EVERYWHERE!